Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week plan

As this is my first post I am still learning the ins and outs. I will work on making recipe links next time!

This was last weeks menu:
Monday: Hawaiian Haystack (bed of rice with chicken(creamy chicken with cream of chicken soup added), pineapple, chow mein noodles, green peppers, tomatoes. Can add onions, cocconut etc.
Tuesday: Split Pea Soup with homemade wheat breadsticks. Not a favorite, but someone gave me a huge bucket of split peas and I can't stand to not use them- come get some if you want!
Wednesday: Pasta with Orange glazed carrots (just boil down a cup of orange juice, add some spice and poor over cooked carrots).
Thursday: Homemade Pizza. A favorite with the kids, still working on perfecting the dough
Friday: Greek Pita Pockets (saute chicken with Greek spices, serve on a warmed pita with romaine lettuce, tomato, green onion, feta cheese, and yogurt topping. yogurt topping is made with plain yogurt, diced cucumber and dill mixed, however our family likes Cottage cheese instead of plain yogurt.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Heidi, I have a great pizza dough recipe if you are interested.