Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pot Pie

Another one from my mom. She just trows this together so it was hard to get exact amounts. This is comfort food to me. And just to gross you all out, I like to put a little ketchup on top when I eat it (you should see the look Brent gives me).

1 can chicken, turkey or beef chunks
½ onion, diced
3 diced potatoes
4 carrots, diced
1 can of corn or peas (I like both)
Salt to taste

Put all ingredients except peas and corn in a saucepan and add a little water and cook until vegetables are almost tender. Add peas and corn.

Sauce:
¼ c. butter, melted
¼ - ½ c. flour
1 ½ -2 c. milk.

Put all in a blender and when smooth add to vegetable mixture and stir until smooth and thickened. Pour into a casserole dish or 9x13 oblong pan and carefully put crust on top.

Crust:
1 ½ c. flour
½ t salt
½ c. shortening
4-5 T water

Make dough and roll out. Place on top of casserole and prick several areas with a fork. Bake until crust is browned at 375.

No comments: