Thursday, September 23, 2010

White Chicken Chili

This is so yummy and is a great chili for those who do not like kidney beans or other beans (like my husband). A wonderful dinner to make for a family get-together. I serve this with bread or rolls on the side – yummy!

  1. Soak 2lbs. of Great White Northern beans over night.
  2. Pan Sear (I used my grill pan) 1 lb. of (salt & Peppered chicken tenders or breasts) Set aside, let cool, and then slice into small bite size pieces. To save time you could just add the pieces to the beans and boil them together (but I prefer the grilled flavor of the chicken)
  3. In Stock pot, Boil 8 cups of water, and soaked beans for 45 mins.( or until soft)
  4. When beans are soft, add 4 tablespoons of chicken base, a 7 oz. can of fire roasted diced green chili peppers,1 tablespoon of Adobo Sauce (a Mexican condiment – this ingredient is optional) ½ teaspoon of cumin, basil, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add diced chicken. Continue to simmer on low for another 45 minutes.
  5. Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese when simmering (I substitute half a package of neufchatel).

No comments: